Travel to Mexico - Automatic revalidation

visaqueries1

I am planning to travel to Mexico for a week with my wife in December. She is on H4 but has a H1B stamping on her passport until June 2016 from her previous employer. She doesn't have a H4 stamping and does not intend to obtain one during the stay.

Will she face any issues while entering Mexico? I know that travelers to Mexico don't need a visitor visa if they have valid US visas. We are planning to return back using the automatic revalidation program. I have a H1b visa stamping from my previous employer valid till 2017.

Please let me know. Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been going over all the forum about the automatic visa revalidation (AVR) and got very good information and would like to share my experience too. I am in 7th year and H1b visa was expired last year and have the i-797 extension based on the i-140. I had to visit Mexico City for some training and wanted to avail the AVR. I got Mexico visitor visa, it is required since my H1 visa was expired. While checking in at houston, the airline agent was asking for Mexico visa and issued the boarding pass. the immigration at Mexico city was simple, Just asked how many days will be in Mexico. While coming back, did the web check in and got the boarding pass printed at kiosk. the security or airline agent didn't ask anything about the h1b visa. They check only the name as per the passport matches with the ticket. Once landed in US, there was a big queue and has to wait in the line for at least 40 min. Then my turn came in, the officer was nice. He just asked what do I do and was searching for my visa and I showed extension copy. Everthing went smooth. 

Archived