H4 to H1 visa change of status

H4toH1_2011

Hi

I am a B.E.(Computers) and a software engineer. I have worked in IT field for 6 years in India and after marriage I came to USA on L2 visa. But my husband got his H1 visa few months back and hence my visa status is now H4. I would like to apply for my H1 visa and one company is ready to file my H1 visa. But few people told me that it is not possible to get H1 visa approval if you are on H4 visa. And advised me not to file my H1 visa. Is it true and should I not apply for my change of status from H4 to H1? As I have already worked for 6 years I want to work here. Please suggest what can I do. Please do reply.

Originally posted by H4toH1_2011:

Hi

I am a B.E.(Computers) and a software engineer. I have worked in IT field for 6 years in India and after marriage I came to USA on L2 visa. But my husband got his H1 visa few months back and hence my visa status is now H4. I would like to apply for my H1 visa and one company is ready to file my H1 visa. But few people told me that it is not possible to get H1 visa approval if you are on H4 visa. And advised me not to file my H1 visa. Is it true and should I not apply for my change of status from H4 to H1? As I have already worked for 6 years I want to work here. Please suggest what can I do. Please do reply.

You can get approval from h4 to h1 with in USA.

Archived