GC - EB2 - Experience Requirements


Recommended Posts

I work for an IT company, have H1B visa and came to US a year ago. As per my equivalency certificate my education is equivalent to US baccalaureate degree. To file GC under EB2 category I would need BS + 5 years of exp. Does this experience have to be in US or does the outside US experience also count ? I have a total of 6 years of experience out of which 5 years is outside of US.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

EB2 qualification includes a position requiring a U.S. bachelor's degree or its foreign equivalent and five years of progressive (i.e. post-baccalaureate) experience. So, you are good as long as you have 5 years of continuous experience. I hope you have the experience letters/payslips to prove to USCIS about your experience.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

>>To file GC under EB2 category I would need BS + 5 years of exp.


This is only a general guideline - what determines your EB level is not your resume years, but the requirement of the position you filled in. You could have the BS + 5, but still end up in EB3 if your Job description does not fit an EB2 bill. Your attorney can advise you where you fit in correctly. 

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.