J1 waiver time taken by USCIS, need to travel home.

dban

Budo whats your case?

Sorry, I hadn't seen your question. I applied on the basis of hardship to my us citizen dependents. I have been waiting for one year today. DOS received my application on April 15, 2015, and USCIS documents on August 10, 2015. My case is still pending. Patience is the rule of this game. Unfortunately, time is also of essence. 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I filled j1 hardship waiver on 23 may 2016. I called uscis yesterday (3 months), they say they are working on September 2015 cases. Date on site says 3-4 months. Officer said that's just an estimate and we back logged. There are too much waivers for us to deal with at this time.

Depressing. I want to aos since I am married to USA citizen. I want to work. Educated and sitting at home. My lawyer said I cannot get working visa yet.

• 5 months later...

Hi Asterix

Did you get an update from USCIS regarding your case. I am sailing in the same boat man.. DOS- favoiurable rec sent to USCIS on 12/20/2016 however havent heard from USCSIS after that.. not even a receipt number. Your help & guidance will be most appreciated. How do I follow up with USCIS to get my receipt number atleast. I keep on getting a reply that my data is not in their system.

Archived