J1 waiver time taken by USCIS, need to travel home.

dban

Hi All-- My case was received by USCIS on August 20th and I still haven't received any notice. I know there was a big batch done for August 20th applications that were approved on Oct 13th. Does anyone know how frequently they do the batches or where they are at now? I am assuming they didn't get through all the August 20th cases yet if they go in order. This is taking so long!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spintop- Do you know how frequently they go through batches? My case was also received on Aug 20th. Did some of your friends from that date also not hear yet? I'm hoping the next batch will be soon. Thanks for sharing your timeline. 

Hi All,

My case also got approved. Nearly 80% of my friends waivers also got approved, which were received on Aug 20 by USCIS.

I wish the rest all the best.

One thing I observed is most of the cases were cleared just today. However few were dated as friday i.e Oct'9th and rest as today. 

As observed in older forums, many of them are cleared in batches.

Hi,

My application was also received by USCIS on 20th August 2015 and I am already on a H1. There was some confusion that happened that led to my H1 visa being granted without getting a waiver. I have been waiting to hear from USCIS since 20th Augsut because i need to go to my home country to get the visa stamping done. I will need the waiver when i have to come back. Any idea if my I-612 can get rejected? Because if that happens, I will be stuck in my home country. 

Hi All,

Just updating my timeline that today I received an email & text from USCIS saying my I-612 was approved. My case was received by USCIS (Vermont office) on August 20th and was approved on November 2nd. It took an incredibly long time, but glad it went through. Good luck to everyone! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys --,

My favorable recommendation based on NOS was sent from DoS to USCIS on October 22, but I have not received any receipt notice from USCIS to check for my case status since then. I called USCIS and they said since I didn't file I-612, there is no case status to be checked. However, I read and it seems I-612 should be used for other cases only, e.g. exceptional hardship or persecution. I just want to confirm with you guys that my assumption is correct? If so, what should I do in this case? Looks like everyone in this topic got the receipt notice less than a month after the favorable recommendation letter is sent.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Asterix2015 did your waiver finally got approved?

I've been waiting for my approval since Oct 21st the actual date uscis received my i-612 but nothing yet.The waiting is too painful and i'm getting nervous.Does anyone have any info why vermont centre is taking long to process j1 waivers?Any answers would be appreciated.

Asterix if your J waiver application is under the No Objection basis, then you don't have to file an I-612. I believe DOS makes it in this cases and they automatically send it to USCIS. But you should call USCIS and ask again for your case number if you haven't got anything in your mail.

Marykay I got the same answer... This is so frustrating. Is your waiver based on no objection? Mine is no objection. I read your comments from before and if you are applying under no objection you shouldnt have ever have to file an i612. DOS does it for you and they send it to USCIS. Just wanted to make that clear in case you are lost and doing some other crazy stuff...

Haha Bog i noticed that later on i had not given the correct ans.It's true DOS sends it automatically to USCIS.But thanks for the concern.

My waiver is based on No objection.I'm getting really nervous here and i dont know when USCIS could possibly approve it.Tomorrow mine will be 3months now.I wonder what is taking them so long.

From everything I have read so far and my own experience, I can say that the only thing one can expect from the waiver process is the unpredictability of both DOS and USCIS in the treatment of cases. My application was receive by both DOS and USCIS on April 15, 2015. USCIS asked the third party opinion (DOS) on August 10. My case is still "pending" at DOS.   Ver frustrating indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived