Letter to appear at USCIS office for interview for green card final processing (with misdemeanor hit and run traffic violations)

bikrambhuyan

Hello Guys,

I need a quick advice from you all. In year 2011 I had a minor accident with another car (nothing major but only scratched to the other car) but due to my mistake I was given a misdemeanor hit and run ticket. Nothing major like arrest etc, it was mentioned to appear in the court in a future date. I hired an attorney after that and did whatever suggested by my attorney and court. After that the case was closed.

Right now I am in the final stage of getting my green card. But I got a letter from USCIS to appear for interview in OCT 2015. It does not specifically mentioned anything about my case, but it has a bunch of checklist of documents I need to submit during my interview.

I wanted to know from our friends, if anyone have faces similar situation. If you could you please suggest what all they are going to ask (if anything specific to this case) from your experience, it is going to help me a lot.

If anyone could provide some details it will be really helpful.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your support and best wishes. I had my USCIS interview yesterday and it went pretty well. I was little scared before the interview due to my case, but it went pretty well.

Basically they verified all the information which I provided during my I-485 application. Similar to the 14 bullet points which normally are there in DS160 document (similar in I-485 document as well), they were asking me one by one. Verifying my answer with option that I provided. When it come to the option "Are you convicted or arrested ...", I said "Yes" and explained the details along with what action I did based on the court order. They asked me for the final court disposition letter and verified it and put it on my folder. They did not ask any more follow up question on my case and moved to ask the next question from the list.

Other process was related to my employment which were pretty cool. At the end of the interview they say, as I have the conviction in my case, it will be sent for supervisor verification but nothing to worry. This is just a formality we have to follow.

Also as for India, currently the visa dates are back dated they will have to wait till my priority date becomes current and process my case as soon as it opens up in the coming months.

So I guess everything went fine. As I told all the fact with proper truth and other details were pretty fine, they were happy with my interview.

So right now I have to just wait for the priority dates to become current. Wanted to share my experience so that it might give some encouragement to our friends who might be in the same situation as I was.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my experience as I went on vacation last month and re-entered US this week with advanced parole.

At the port of entry I was sent for secondary inspection (actually all cases where we use EAD/AP to re-enter US are sent for secondary inspection). I submitted my documents (Passport and Advanced Parole Card) and waited for around 45 minutes as there were many people already in the queue. The officer did some verification and asked me for how many days I was out of country. I said for around 1 month. Then he did some more checking in his system. After some times he asked us for finger scan and stamped our passport and said we are good to go.

Strangely he did not ask a single question regarding my case. I had all the documents ready regarding my cases like court disposition letter and other related documents. But I did not have to answer or submit anything regarding my case. I did not face any issues in re-entry.

Please note that I had my final interview related to my green card processing around OCT 2015 where I submitted all the documents related to my case to USCIS. I am guessing that might be the reason why they did not ask any questions related to my case during port of entry (but I am not 100% sure).

But in conclusion I can say that it worked out without a single issue. Wanted to share my experience as it might help our fellow friend who might be in the same situation.

- Biky.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived