Changing jobs after green card - share experience

magsiyer

Just starting a thread for people to share how their citizenship interviews went if they have changed jobs after getting their green card. Around 2010/2011, lot of priority dates became current and many got their GC and may have changed jobs. I found it was recommended that one stays in his/her current job (the filing company) for at least 6 months, but I am sure many changed jobs before that time period due to various reasons - like better opportunity, economy etc. I am sure a number of those folks would be applying for citizenship now or have already got them. Can you share your experience in the interviews? Was the job change a question in the interview?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I don't think it is abuse of H1B that I am focused at. I am asking people with experience going through their citizenship application to share that here, if they changed jobs after obtaining their green card. Changing jobs after obtaining GC is not abuse - this is a gray area and I am sure many people changed jobs due to many reasons. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived