B2 to B1

sbharadwaj

I have a valid 10 year B1/B2. I came on a B2 and found an employer. Now my 6 month time limit on B2 is expiring and I will need to go back to my country. 

Since my employer does not have a subsidiary of his company in my home county, can my employer hire me an in independent consultant in my home country and get me to the US on a B1 Visa?

If my employer cannot hire me as an independent consultant in my country, what is the way that he can bring me back on a B1 visa?

What process do I need to follow to come back to the US on B1? Please explain the step by step process for a regular B1 situation in my case.

Will I need to go to the consulate again in my home country to get a fresh B1 stamping?

What documents do I need from my employer to show to the consulate officer or at the port of entry when Im travelling back on B1 visa.?

Thanks

No sir. I was not working. I think you didnt actually understand my question. Let me make it more simpler.  -

What is the process of converting a B2 into a B1 Visa?

You can NOT work on a B1 for the employer.

So, your question makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

A B1 is for attending meetings and the like when you are working for a foreign employer.

Abuse of a B1 would only result in problems for you.

Archived