Visitor Visa

PranavJ

Hello, I'm planning to visit my sister and brother-in-law next month during my holidays. I'm 22, single and a student of a reputed college. My brother-in-law is going to sponsor my trip and is in a very healthy financial condition. 

However, I've read on my forums that it is almost impossible to get a B2 VISA for a student. Is it true? What are my chances of getting a VISA? 

If you had traveled outside India before, it would help. That being, I said I have seen students from India getting B2 visa. Dont stress about it, just be honest and prepare for the relevant questions.

It will help if you can show that you have college to attend in India after vacations and/or if you have any job offer in hand in India. Good Luck

If you treat the Interview as routine and do not overthink responses and answer spontaneously and truthfully , you will get your visa. Keep your educational transcripts and such handy and get a letter from the college stating your course and when it ends and also when summer vacations start.

Thanks! I have college bonafide certificate and college id card. Is that enough? 

Keep the certificates handy. Do not show it to the VO unless he asks. Do not answer questions not asked. Tell him you are going for a 5 week vacation to see your Folks and also do some sightseeing based on where they are located. Statue of Liberty, as appropriate. If you do not listen to others and take it cool, you will get your visa. A smile and some eye contact will do wonders for you anywhere. Let us know what happens.

Keep the certificates handy. Do not show it to the VO unless he asks. Do not answer questions not asked. Tell him you are going for a 5 week vacation to see your Folks and also do some sightseeing based on where they are located. Statue of Liberty, as appropriate. If you do not listen to others and take it cool, you will get your visa. A smile and some eye contact will do wonders for you anywhere. Let us know what happens.

Sure and thanks for your help!

Archived