Visitor visa after 10 years of expiry

visa_holder

Hello,

I am a citizen and I sponsored my mother's visa 10 years back when I was working. She was granted visitor visa for 10 years and had visited us for more than 5 years. Her visa expired now I am sponsoring her visa again now but I am not working anymore:

1. Are there chances of visa getting rejected if I sponsor her visa as a home maker? My husband is working and I can provide his finacial documents. Is it better to prepare papers as  my husband inviting his mother-in-law instead of me intiving my mother?

2. Are citizens given priority over green card holders for sponsoring visitor visas? My sister is a green card holder in the US and she can do the paper work if citizens or green card holders do not make any difference.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

No Offense. there is NO concept of sponsorship for a Tourist visa even if you filled up the forms for her and even if You paid for her. If she has visited multiple times and always left by the I94 date then her visa is not an issue unless you make it one. Depending on Age she may be eligible for a renewal by drop box.

People need to get off the high horse and stop feeling this sense of entitlement  they get after receiving GC or citizenship.

As Pontevecchio and JoeF said, you can only help with the application and financial support for the trip. Decision of granting visa is best left upto to consulate.

Thanks for your replies and sorry I used the wrong term, I am not "sponsoring", I am sending her the documents and paying for her trip. I heard there is no "visa renewal" for visitor visas and it has to be applied just like a fresh visa. She is 63 years old, can you please confirm if there is any renewal possible?

1. Are there chances of visa getting rejected if I send the invitation letter (I am not working anymore). My husband is working and I can provide his finacial documents. Is it better to prepare invitation letter as  my husband inviting his mother-in-law instead of me intiving my mother?

2. Are citizens given preference over green card holders in inviting families? I can send the invitation letter myself as a citizen or ask my sister who is a GC holder to invite my mother.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Relax. Check if she is eligible for drop box.

My  parents had their first visa approved in 2005.This year they got 10  yr renewal using finger printing appointment only. All      documents were submitted along with FP and they collected passport from the local visa center in their hometown few days later.

Again, forget about Q1and Q2. Stay out of the process if you can.

Since you are merely repeating what Pontevecchio and JoeF have already stated clearly, maybe you should get a life and stop spending time trolling forums.

There's no sense of entitlement being a citizen for the last 10 years, merely stating facts so the visa process goes smooth for family back home - something you don't seem to comprehend with your hang-ups. Start making sense so that you can actually help people in this forum rather than passing judgements.

People need to get off the high horse and stop feeling this sense of entitlement  they get after receiving GC or citizenship.

As Pontevecchio and JoeF said, you can only help with the application and financial support for the trip. Decision of granting visa is best left upto to consulate.

Relax. Check if she is eligible for drop box.

My  parents had their first visa approved in 2005.This year they got 10  yr renewal using finger printing appointment only. All      documents were submitted along with FP and they collected passport from the local visa center in their hometown few days later.

Again, forget about Q1and Q2. Stay out of the process if you can.

Thanks, this seems like a good suggestion.

Providing referance to other posts is not "merely repeating" the point but an acknowledgement of the correct facts.

Asking the same questions again will not elicit a different response. Anyways, I have offered personal example which should be useful if you care to look past your view of the application process.

Archived