visitors visa by my wife for my parents with my visa expiring in 4 months

charitha.vellanki

Hi,

I am planning to apply for visitors visa for my parents, but my H1 visa is going to expire in July-2015. 
I have my I-140 approved and my employer is going to file H1 renewal in couple of days which takes couple of months to get approved.

Is it fine if I apply for my parents visa now?

OR

My wife has H1 visa which will be expired in September 2016, so

Is it better to apply my parents' visa by my wife? If so, will be there be any issues to parents in visa interview about my status and why daughter in law is applying the visa?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Your status or your wife's status has nothing to do with visitor visa. They have to apply by their own and show that they have strong ties (Like properties, bank balance and other assets) back to home country. They can say that they are coming to visit you and will be staying with you. Apart from that everything depends on them.

• 1 month later...

• Whoever is sponsor for parent's visa should have atleast 6 months of visa validity . My parents visa was expire because my visa was has only 4 more months as expiry.  make sure you get extension and ask your parents to show that to visa officer.

There is no sponsorship for visitor visa so stop propagating this myth. Again, people feel entitled and a sense of authority that they can just send a letter and call anyone to USA just because they got a visa and managed to come here.

Stop treating parents like servants and domestic help and let them apply for their own visa if they genuinely want to visit the US.

BTW your other post says your parents never got a visa so hao can it expire?

• Whoever is sponsor for parent's visa should have atleast 6 months of visa validity . My parents visa was expire because my visa was has only 4 more months as expiry.  make sure you get extension and ask your parents to show that to visa officer.

There is no sponsorship for visiting visa, non immigrant cannot sponsor any kind of US visa. Did your parents got visa for just 4 months?

A tourist visa is for tourism. A son or daughter's visa status in US has no bearing on parents' tourist visa status or expiry.

Archived