Urgent -Travel using automatic visa revalidation-AVR

andy1808

Hi

My spouse converted from H4 to H1 status in last October -2014. Her old H4 visa stamping  is expired. Now she has new I-797 and  currently I-94 valid till June-.2016 for current H1B petition. Can we avail automatic visa revalidation rule to travel to Canada to apply for PR cards and come back to USA with in  3 days. It will affect her work status in USA ???

Appreciated your response.

Yes AVR will work. I did it sept2015, NY poE - driving 2days.

But I was unlucky that the CBP officer who checked my documents at POR was kind of predetermined to deport me, the reason I got from the conversation I had with the officer  was I became a Canadian PR and he was not happy may be for personal reasons - officially CBP cannot deport anyone for becoming a Canadian PR.

The CBP officer clearly said that I got a Canadian PR and I'm working in USA - why both? He also said "milking the cow" and 'using the system to churn', these were the officers  words. Which are not professional and personal comments I felt. He has no business to say that to me.

CBP officer tried to see all my records, documents took about 1.5 hours to see and think for ways he can stop me from entering. He went inside for 60 minutes and spent time with his senior officers and came back and let me in.

Another senior officer saw the computer screen and said he is approved all the way, you cannot stop him to this CBP officer. Not sure what it exactly means.

Some of these officers are racists and do not like specially Indians I got a feeling.

I'm telling you my experience so that you can be prepare for worst and not to dicourage you.

Also to let readers on murthy forum to understand that CBP officers can be very harsh.

I too used AVR and landed in Canada last spet2014 based on user comments from  forums like this, ******** and other.

You should be fine to travel using AVR to land for Canadian PR, but be prepared for anything.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

• 9 months later...

Archived