Visitor Visa For Retired Central Govt Employee

arthid

Hello,

I am applying for Visitor Visa for my parents. We had already applied twice in 2010 for their visa but it was rejected both times. They both were working at that time and are now retired since last one year. They both want to visit us for couple months. They are going to self sponsor. I read all the necessary info on your website and have following question.

Question: My Dad worked in Ordnance Factory of Govt Of India which makes arms and immunization for Indian army. I spoke with few people and they said it is very hard to grant visa for people who worked for such factories. Is that true? I just want to make clear that he never worked in those jobs of making arms...he was working as mechanic in some department.

How do you explain this more clearly in DS160 so that it will convince visa officer?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthi

First, you cannot apply for parents visa. You can help with filling out application and other activities.

It is true that it is very hard to grant visa for people who worked for such factories. We can agree that your father never worked in those jobs of making arms... but people working on sensitive technology are never publicly identified.

Hopefully this time it may be different now that he is retired but consulate is required to follow guidelines.

Archived