B2 - No tax returns - No income

saiatoregon1

I am sponsoring B2 tourist visa to my parents and my parents do not have any IT returns or income in last 5 years.
We dissolved our business long back and my father is retired after that.

Can we show some proofs prior to 5 years?
How can present our case to get visa?

I can show strong ties about my grand parents are dependent on my father, but does it make sense with out income to show dependents. I am taking care of all thier living in India.

Also I have brother whose wedding is planned later this year.

Regards,
Sai

Truth is that, there is no sponsorship for visiting visa and you cannot sponsor any kind of US visa if you are on H-1B.

Tell your parents to apply for visa without any kind of sponsorship then they will get their visa.

They need to prove that they will return after visiting US. Though good financial background is not a requirement to get visa it helps as supporting documents.

Ask them to get letter from CA documenting all their assets like bank account, property valuation, stocks and bonds, etc.

You can help pay for all expenses including visa application, airline tickets, travel within US. This does not reduce their responsibility to prove strong ties to home country.

Normally the VO will not even look at documents. 2 minutes and a couple of questions answered with eye contact are enough. 3 months would seem to be an adequate time for stay if asked and you will get 6 months at entry in any case.  Proving strong ties is a very nebulous thing. They decide in 2 minutes. Only if a Dalal or Agent has been involved and has already coached them will there be a problem. As said you can certainly pay. It helps if they know your company name, your town and your H1 job.

Thanks ashuneel.

More appropriate word would be "inviting"....so I am inviting my parents.

The only question I have is what has more weight-age in terms of strong ties? financial assets (property/bank balance/stocks/bonds) or grandparents?

Because I cannot produce any financial assets....the only option left is family bonding.

Sai

Archived