Business travel to Germany

lotusbawa

Hello All,

I have a business need to travel to Germany for 2 weeks through my company. I do not have a stamped visa through my curent employer since I have not gone outside of country since I have joined my latest employer. My question is Do i need to get the stamping first to even apply for VIsa?

The way I was thinking that I will apply for Visa and then go to India for stamping and from there directly go to Germany. But I need to get the stamping first to apply for Visa then I need to go to India, get stamping done and then apply for German visa either from India or after coming back to USA.

Can you not get a H1 stamp in Canada? It is better for you to have a visa allowing you to return from the German trip.

Hello,

I sure can. There are 2 questions

1. My basic question was that Do i have to have a stamped visa to even apply for German Visa? If yes then I first need to go to Canada or India and then come back to USA and then apply for Germany Visa. This will add time. If not then I can apply for Germany Visa, get it approved, go to Canada/ India and from there directly go to Germany. Will save me time.

2. Is Canada safe for stamping? I hear sometimes it takes too much time? How long should I plan to stay in Canada if I decide to go for stamping?

Archived