Immigration issue when taking Grand Child

SaranyaVenkat

HI,

I have a situation wherein I'm expecting so planned to take my parents to help me during my delivery. So applied for B2-Visa for them on 14th Nov 2014 (But we made sure we didn't mention my delivery as their reason for travel. Instead just mentioned as visiting me and tourism purpose). Along with my parents i applied for my niece (2 yrs old) as well since she is being taken care by my parents since my  elder sister and my brother-in-law both working and they cant take care of her. Visa got denied under 214(B) - stating my parents don't have strong ties to return back to India. 

So we applied for my parents alone again on Dec 18th 2014 and visa got approved. As next step, we applied for my niece along with my sis and bro-in-law on Jan 16th 2015 and even their visa got approved. 

Now my parents are travelling on Feb 11th 2015 taking my niece. My sis and bro-in-law will give a Non Objection Letter for sending their daughter with my parents i.e. grand parents. Is that enough to clear immigration or should we carry any other supporting documents? since it got rejected first time. what kind of questions will they ask in immigration?

Can you please help us to handle this situation?

Helping during delivery is work and that is NOT allowed for visitors.

If you need help, you would have to hire American help.

Visitors helping would take away a job from an American, which is a big Joo-ho.

Typing on a cell-phone is always a challenge...

I meant to say:

Visitors helping would take away a job from an American, which is a big no-no!

Archived