F2 visa rejected twice. Urgent Help needed.

muns95

Hi,

This is Sharthak. I am on F-1 visa, doing PhD in Univ. of Arkansas with a graduate assistantship. 

My wife's F-2 application has now been rejected twice. We were colleagues. After the first application, she was put in administrative processing for about 6 months. Then the VO inquired the HR manager of the office (where she still works) whether both of us are actual employees and the HR manager said yes. After that, the visa was denied.

She applied on 14th yet again, and now the visa officer said the comments from the HR manager were negative, so he is not convinced and did not seem the case credible. Then he gave her the 214(b) brochure and told her to read it carefully.

What can be done here? Will reapplying help? How can the comments of the HR manager be overturned? I talked to him about what was asked and there weren't questions where he would give any actual negative answer.

Looking forward to replies from experts.

Thanks.

Your take on the matter as to why the visa was rejected seems manifestly not true. A lawyer will go through details and give her the best shot. Contact the Office of the Federal Senator from Arkansas and ask for help with a covering letter from your PhD guide/College/ISA. If she has not given answers which may be misconstrued as false she should be able to get the visa. Mention this to your supervisor and ask politely for help.

Your take on the matter as to why the visa was rejected seems manifestly not true. A lawyer will go through details and give her the best shot. Contact the Office of the Federal Senator from Arkansas and ask for help with a covering letter from your PhD guide/College/ISA. If she has not given answers which may be misconstrued as false she should be able to get the visa. Mention this to your supervisor and ask politely for help.

Thank you.

A letter from the International Admissions Office of my university and my PhD supervisor were sent to the embassy before the interview. 

There was no false information given anywhere. My wife was truthful at all questions.

The VO simply said, "I am not convinced. I don't find your case credible enough. Do you have anything else to say?"

Then she replied with why she wants to be with me during my study.

Then VO said, "Sorry. I can't give your visa. Please move over, the line behind you is getting longer."

Archived