I-824 vs I-130 which is fast?

Thank you for your reply!

I got my green card with EB1A, and submitted I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) based on my approved green card for my wife's green card application on May 2014. 

Now I-824 is slow. Current process date is March 4, 2014, while I-130 is 5-month which is current for my case. 

Should I switch I-824 to I-130?

Thanks in advance!

Giles.

Hello Friends,

Any body knows the process difference between I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative)  and I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) ? Which is fast for spouse green card application based on approved green card.

Thanks!

Giles.

Are you proposing to use Follow to Join? Your I-824 will be conveyed to the Embassy and your wife notified once on file and then she can get an Immigrant visa there. If you were married before the GC and your spouse is abroad and your GC has been approved here you can use FTJ by filing I-824 as you have done. The I-130 is only relevant if you married after getting the GC. Using form lettering only obfuscates the issue.

You are filing for your spouse who is entitled to the same PD as you and hence you may be a tad anxious. I-824 processing will be followed by a quick Immigration visa for her in Canada. I-130 makes no sense since the PD for the spouse of a GC holder is about 2 years backlogged. You are confusing local Processing times. A brief Phone Consultation with the firm of say Murthy will clear up any doubts. Best of luck.

Archived