Duration of Oath Ceremony

leftheartcath

Hi people

Can anybody help me out with atleast a rough ball park time that I can anticipate spending at the oath ceremony.

I'm scheduled at 8 am and I wanted to know how much time I need to take off from work meaning how many hours.

I don't have much vacation left and my wife is scheduled for the same time/date. My sons school needs to be informed etc.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

There were total of 53 candidates taking oath in the courtroom.

The courtroom was divided by a barrier/gate into family/friends section and the candidates section.

Family/friends came through the gate to take pictures etc.

Total time from security check to out of the court house with citizenship certificate in hand - 2 hours

They had a booth for passport application outside the courtroom, although (frustratingly) the copier was not working so could not apply, told us to go a few blocks away -could not do it since temperature outside was minus 12 degrees Celcius.

If you are planning to apply for a passport it might be worth it to take a filled in/completed (dont sign it - I think have to sign it in their presence) application form, copy of the front and back of your drivers license, 2 passport pictures, cheque for the needed fee.

Archived