Changing employer

Shilpa.alapati

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me what exactly no non compete agreement with emp A?. Is really Agreement works in the US Law? Thanks for help.

Regards,

Shilpa 

Since emp A is a consulting firm I am sure he might have made you sign an agreement that you won't join that client directly or indectly without letting him know.

If you have signed any agreement document then please go through it.

I have been with Company A and my first H1B with A is due for renewal Apr 2015. I had an offer from Company B who filed my H1B in Jan 2013 and was approved until Jan 2016. However, I continued with Company A until now. I have reached out to Company B and they are still open with their offer to me and am willing to move to Company B this month.

1. Will I have problems with the transition from A to B now?

2. Will I have to re-file my H1B even if it is not revoked by Company B?

3. I am assuming if I move to B, all my new employer (Company B) would have to file is a new LCA and I am good until 2016 Jan. Correct?

• 5 weeks later...

I have been with Company A and my first H1B with A is due for renewal Apr 2015. I had an offer from Company B who filed my H1B in Jan 2013 and was approved until Jan 2016. However, I continued with Company A until now. I have reached out to Company B and they are still open with their offer to me and am willing to move to Company B this month.

1. Will I have problems with the transition from A to B now?

No.

2. Will I have to re-file my H1B even if it is not revoked by Company B?

No Need. If the petition has not been cancelled by B, then its valid.

3. I am assuming if I move to B, all my new employer (Company B) would have to file is a new LCA and I am good until 2016 Jan. Correct?

Correct.

Archived