221G white slip for F1-H1 @ Ottawa 2nd Dec

BI_Analyst

I attended my first H1 interview today at Ottawa and received 221G white slip.

VO: who is your employer?

Me: XXXX

VO: What do u do for them?

ME: XXXX

VO: How long you have been working for them?

VO: Do u have any end client?

ME: Yes and mentioned my client Name

VO: What do they do?

ME: told client's business

VO: give me petitioner's letter and end client letter

ME: Gave him both letters

VO: Any vendors in between?

ME: Yes, 1 prime vendor and gave him vendor letter.

VO: Give me your recent pay stubs

ME: Gave him all 2014 pay stubs

VO: DO u have your employer tax docs and contracts between employer vendor client?

ME: These docs I do not have, so I said I do not have employers but I have mine.

VO: Give me your tax returns

ME: Gave him last 2 years of W2's and Tax Returns.

Then he said, we need to do some Admin Processing and gave me a white slip and gave my passport back and kept all the docs (797, paystubs, emp-vendor-client letters, pay stubs, w2, tax returns) with him.

Then I asked for any documents he needed from me right now and he asked me what docs you have and I gave him my lca, I129, Resume, client site pics etc. Not sure how long it will take.

My observations(when I was in consulate and the people I met here - I may be wrong): H1-H1 renewals - not even a single document asking. Hardly 1-2 mins of interview.

F1-H1 Asking for each and every document and most of them getting 221G. So, first time H1 people who are planning to attend your interview here in Ottawa, be careful to have all the docs and be prepare to answer everything including your University based questions.

Anybody in the same boat, please reply and let me know your valuable suggestions.

And anybody have accommodation from Friday, please let me know.

Thanks.

I attended my first H1 interview today at Ottawa and received 221G white slip.

VO: who is your employer?

Me: XXXX

VO: What do u do for them?

VO: How long you have been working for them?

VO: Do u have any end client?

ME: Yes and mentioned my client Name

VO: What do they do?

ME: told client's business

VO: give me petitioner's letter and end client letter

ME: Gave him both letters

VO: Any vendors in between?

ME: Yes, 1 prime vendor and gave him vendor letter.

VO: Give me your recent pay stubs

ME: Gave him all 2014 pay stubs

VO: DO u have your employer tax docs and contracts between employer vendor client?

ME: These docs I do not have, so I said I do not have employers but I have mine.

VO: Give me your tax returns

ME: Gave him last 2 years of W2's and Tax Returns.

Then he said, we need to do some Admin Processing and gave me a white slip and gave my passport back and kept all the docs (797, paystubs, emp-vendor-client letters, pay stubs, w2, tax returns) with him.

Then I asked for any documents he needed from me right now and he asked me what docs you have and I gave him my lca, I129, Resume, client site pics etc. Not sure how long it will take.

My observations(when I was in consulate and the people I met here - I may be wrong): H1-H1 renewals - not even a single document asking. Hardly 1-2 mins of interview.

F1-H1 Asking for each and every document and most of them getting 221G. So, first time H1 people who are planning to attend your interview here in Ottawa, be careful to have all the docs and be prepare to answer everything including your University based questions.

Anybody in the same boat, please reply and let me know your valuable suggestions.

And anybody have accommodation from Friday, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi,

Did they mark anything on White Slip?. And is any one facing the same issue of yours?.

Thanks.

do not worry it will get clear in 1-2 weeks , they might ask for your employer's tax documents, generally employer will give all the documents in package,, not sure why he didnt give those to you,,but yours is not complicated case,,you will get it within next few days..

i went for my interview last week ,2nd time h1 stamping,, 221g white slip and got cleared in 4-5 business days 

so just enjoy and relax while you can. everything will seems to be soo normal after you get your passport...

do not worry it will get clear in 1-2 weeks , they might ask for your employer's tax documents, generally employer will give all the documents in package,, not sure why he didnt give those to you,,but yours is not complicated case,,you will get it within next few days..

i went for my interview last week ,2nd time h1 stamping,, 221g white slip and got cleared in 4-5 business days 

so just enjoy and relax while you can. everything will seems to be soo normal after you get your passport...

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yeah hopefully looking forward to get an update today or tomorrow.

its not about f1 to h1, its about your employer has BAD records with IRS and embassy people know this, that is the ONLY reason they asked for your employer tax return documents.

I guess my employer do not have any issues with IRS as he is ready to submit the documents to the embassy if they come back and request to submit the same (not only tax documents, but any other documents they request for)

• 2 weeks later...

Visa approved finally after getting 221G on Dec 2nd.

Dec 2 - Interview and was issued 221G

Dec 4 - consulate called my client manager to verify my employment but my client manager missed the call

Dec 10 - Client Manager received email this time and she answered promptly

Dec 11 - Submitted Passport back to embassy

Dec 16 - Picked up passport from Loomis and back to US.

Thank You all..!!! Hope this helps.

Archived