Can I apply for I-485 when I-130 is Current but not approved yet?

My Priority Date for I-130 (applied by sibling who is a Citizen of US) is current but is not yet approved. 

-> Can I-485 be applied for me now? If so, in the application form for I-485, what option should I check for the "Part 2. Application Type"?

-> When my sibling applied for I-130, my legal last name was different than it is now. How do I go about the change of name?

-> How should I add my dependents (Spouse and kid) to the application?

-> And lastly, where will the sponsor's (in this case, my sibling's) name be mentioned in the application for I-485? 

Any responses are appreciated....

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, that doesn't sound right.

With the PD 12 years back for Family category 4, siblings of US citizens, it would mean that the I-130 wasn't processed in 12 years. That's rather unlikely.

I suggest you have things checked by a good immigration lawyer.

Hmm, that doesn't sound right.

With the PD 12 years back for Family category 4, siblings of US citizens, it would mean that the I-130 wasn't processed in 12 years. That's rather unlikely.

I suggest you have things checked by a good immigration lawyer.

Okay, I am new to the immigration terminology and I might have posted it incorrectly. My PD is July 2010 on I-130 and the current processing times for I-130 for the service center that I applied shows as October 4, 2010. Wouldn't that mean that my I-130 is current? But my I-130 is not approved yet. Should I wait for my I-130 to be approved now? Or can I apply for I-485? Please suggest...

Archived