Can I-94 transfer when H1-B Visa is expired?

erca

Hi, I am looking for a change but my situation is that my H1-B Visa is already expired and I am working in US on I-94. Will it be possible that I can transfer my I-94 from current employer to new one?

What all points can impact me? And is there anything I need to be careful about?

Please guide.

Thanks,

Thanks Guys!

Yes, my I-94 and I-797 both are valid till next year. It just my H1-B which got expired. I am not sure how to transfer that.

Also, what procedure it follows? Can anyone provide more details which can help me in transfer to new employer while switching the job.

Thanks!

Thanks Guys!

Yes, my I-94 and I-797 both are valid till next year. It just my H1-B which got expired. I am not sure how to transfer that.

Also, what procedure it follows? Can anyone provide more details which can help me in transfer to new employer while switching the job.

Thanks!

New employer files a cap exempt H1B petition and on approval you can join employer.

Thanks Guys!

Thanks!

H1 transfer is nothing but new H1 but cap exempt. So its just like filing another H1 like you did earlier.

Archived