Birth certificate name question for I-485 filing

Srk_temp

Hello,

I am currently trying to gather all documents for my I-485 filing for my Green Card. One document on which I have a question is my birth certificate. I currently have a birth certificate but there is no name on it because my birth was registered before my parents kept a name for me. I can possibly get the name added on my birth certificate now. In that case, the actual question is as follows:

1. I have a two part last name . So when I add the name in the birth certificate, I am thinking to have the name in first name, last name ( expanded ) format. But all the other school/ college documents have my last name is just as initials and not expanded where as the last name is expanded in my passport. So should I get my name expanded in the birth certificate or should it just be the initials of my last name to match with other certificates. Please advice. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

For changing name in your birth certificate you need to have a court order. The Attorney will make affidavits for changing name in BC legally. For the proper process a lawyer will guide you the best. There are many site are there, with the help of which you can change your name legally without filling any form.
But, if you are not giving any search for any deed poll sites then it is best to take some guidance from your legal adviser for name change process.

Archived