h1 to h4 - with no paychecks for 2 years

sk78

I was available for work all the time but since day 1 I havent got any project and still my H1b is not terminated . 2 years now without paycheck.

All this time I was told they will generate paychecks once I get the project. When I asked about the back wages saying it might be considered out of status - they told dont worry - Everything will be alright once I get couple of paychecks after I get into the project ?

Is this true , that I will be good if I get a project now ?

I am afraid, I am screwed up totally - what is my option now ?

Originally posted by t75:

File a complaint for wages with the DOL. You are out of status. Your employer has been lying to you. Find a LEGITIMATE, HONEST employer.

If you are a spouse of H1B worker, you have no excuse for not knowing the rules.

Thankyou for the reply. I was told to apply for WH4 and with the case number I can apply for COS to H4.

yes, I am a spouse to h1b holder and hope no excuse as you said. We know without paycheck would be a problem but when the employer & his attorney told that once generating the paychecks after getting a project will be good . We believed him and thought may be that will work . out. Its a blame from our part also to belive this words and failing to spend money to find with an personal attroney. Lesson learnt and I feel stupid of myself for this mess.

thank you for replying.

Archived