H1 to H4 to H1

sharmi23

Hi,

I was having an unused H1B visa which got expired by Sep 2013.I got my H4 stamped through my husband's work visa and it was expiring by Feb 2015.

Meanwhile my employer files H1-B petition through CAP exempt and it got approved.Iam awaiting the petition copy.

Iam currently in US thorugh my H4.Are there any chances of me working here directly without going India for stamping.

Thanks,

sharmi

Hi,

I was having an unused H1B visa which got expired by Sep 2013.I got my H4 stamped through my husband's work visa and it was expiring by Feb 2015.

Meanwhile my employer files H1-B petition through CAP exempt and it got approved.Iam awaiting the petition copy.

Iam currently in US thorugh my H4.Are there any chances of me working here directly without going India for stamping.

Thanks,

sharmi

If your I797 has an I94 attached to it then there is no need for stamping to start working for employer.

Hi My name is Arpita,

I received my H1 in 2008 and I worked on H1 for 4 years . Then I went back to India for good in 2012. I got married and came back to USA in june 2014 on H4. Is it possible for me to reopen my H1 since I have 2 more years left on my H1B?

Thanks,

Arpita. 

Hi My name is Arpita,

I received my H1 in 2008 and I worked on H1 for 4 years . Then I went back to India for good in 2012. I got married and came back to USA in june 2014 on H4. Is it possible for me to reopen my H1 since I have 2 more years left on my H1B?

Thanks,

Arpita. 

Yes, an employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition and you are eligible for 2 more years.

Archived