H4 Passport-Drop box 221g

idqinfa

Hi,

My spouse was eligible to use to drop box for H4 Visa so we used drop box facility and submitted the documents. 

We have submitted around May last week and till now there is no status . When we checked with Consulate we got the below email 

We got the below response: 

Your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. There is no definite time frame for this processing as it depends on the individual circumstances of each case. The Department of State is continuously working to expedite visas. We appreciate your patience. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as the processing in your case is complete. 

Can any one suggest what is that mean . I heard that when we use Dropbox it may take 3 to 10 business days .

Can anyone please give me suggestions. Can we take passport back and attend interview

Please suggest 

Hi,

My spouse went for 3rd time visa stamping. I am with same employer since 6 years. I am in IT. 

US Embassy didn't issue any 221G slips and they didn't request any documentation on my employment

We have submitted only Passport, my I797 copy ,DS-160 Form and my old visa(in US-from Last 5 years)

Can we get any letter from congressman/Senator.

Please suggest 

Thanks,

Balaji

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It is been more than 70 days and passport is with US Consulate 

Can we take passport back from US Consulate and can apply new H4 visa interview using new application.

If we go to same US Consulate ,Can we get again 221G. 

Please suggest

You can. But, applying a H4 visa interview is not going to change anything.

Hi,

My wife received an email to come for Finger Printing. Can any one suggest what is the next procedure.

How long it will take to get the passport

Please suggest

When your wife gives her finger printing, tell her to ask what's the next step and how many days will it take to get the visa.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I appeared for H1B interview on 75 days before along with my spouse (H4) at New Delhi, VO took our passports along with all original docs and asked us to wait for a call within 1 week time. Unfortunately its been 75 days there is no news about the same,

We contacted ustraveldesk after every 15 days, always default reply under "admin processing, please contact after 60 days", now even after 60 days, same reply under "admin processing and there is no time limit for the same".

I am frustrated now, they took our passports and all ORIGINAL degrees, experience certs etc etc and no news. How come embassy keep our original docs for such a long time if they are not sure of issuing visa.

Please suggest whom to contact in this case,

Thanks

Hello,

I appeared for H1B interview on 75 days before along with my spouse (H4) at New Delhi, VO took our passports along with all original docs and asked us to wait for a call within 1 week time. Unfortunately its been 75 days there is no news about the same,

We contacted ustraveldesk after every 15 days, always default reply under "admin processing, please contact after 60 days", now even after 60 days, same reply under "admin processing and there is no time limit for the same".

I am frustrated now, they took our passports and all ORIGINAL degrees, experience certs etc etc and no news. How come embassy keep our original docs for such a long time if they are not sure of issuing visa.

Please suggest whom to contact in this case,

Thanks

You can always request your documents back. Administrative processing will still proceed.

Archived