Visit visa Extension

Madhuraj

our parents came to us for the first visit and they can stay here till Sept 2nd week. my wife is pregnant and is due in sept 1st week itself. can we apply for my parents I94 extension? if so what reasons should we mention? please advise.

Yes, your parents can file for extension. The reason what you have mentioned. If approved then no issue but if they depart after extension is declined their visitor visa is no longer valid.

our parents came to us for the first visit and they can stay here till Sept 2nd week. my wife is pregnant and is due in sept 1st week itself. can we apply for my parents I94 extension? if so what reasons should we mention? please advise.

You need to mention the truth. Their is no another option here.

But what's the need of your parents after the delivery??

No..they cannot stay here..extension will definitely get denied...why dont YOU help your wife? your parents are visitors and they cannot help your wife!!!

Ofcourse I will help my wife with pleasure. we are expecting our parents to stay here for couple of months and watch my new kid until my wife recovers from the delivery pains. on top of it we have another kid of age 2yrs to take care of.

Your parents can apply for an extension with no reason specified. Apply soon. If their extension is not granted or denied by September, make sure they leave by the current I94 expiry.

sure will apply for extension. if it is rejected, is it going to effect their next visit?

I don't believe a denial will harm their next visit. However one or several approved extensions can cause a raised eyebrow.

Your case seems genuine enough that your extension will be approved and most likely they will have no further issues.

However, like the other members suggested, it is in their best interest to leave the country before the granted stay period expires.

Archived