Processing time for NOS waiver - USCIS 2014

arunvisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, in a similar situation what I learned is that you have one month after the expiry date on the DS2019 to leave the country. This is a 1 month 'grace period' for one to prepare to leave the country (this end of grace period corresponds to the last date or expiry date on J1 visa). Hope your waiver will come through in this period and your employer can file for H1 before the grace period ends. Note your employer will need to apply for H1 before the grace period ends so that you can continue to stay in the country.

Best.

Hello everybody,

I'm in the same situation as you guys, I'm still waiting for the USCIS receipt and approval after the favorable recommendation. I'm really worry because my J-1 ends mid-october and I need to fill for an H1-B. I would like to ask, in case anyone know or is in the same situation, what would happen if my visa ends and I still haven't receive the final approval letter? Do I need to leave the country?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have received my online approval from USCIS yesterday. I have applied waiver from India.

Filing date for DS3035: 10 May 2014

DOS approval: 28 June 2014

USCIS Receipt date: 7 Aug 2014 (Although I did not receive my receipt. May be because of my delhi address.)

USCIS approval: 10 Oct 2014 (but I found update on their website on 14 Oct 2014).

I hope everybody will get their waiver soon.

Good luck,

Thanks,

Archived