Delay I 485 Filing after PD is current

davidk

Hello Everyone,

I have few questions regarding i 485 application.

Let's say your priority date is current then your are suppose to file your i 485, so is there any time limit saying that you are suppose to file i 485 within 1 or 2 or 3... months from the day the Bulletin is released.

I want to know how many months/ years can we delay before filing i 485 as long as you stay with same employer after the visa bulletin issue is released saying your PD is current.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Quote from Murthy FAQ's

" Since AC21 law was passed in October 2000, one may be able to extend the H1B beyond the 6 years in certain circumstances. For example, if a labor certification/PERM was filed more than 365 days ago, one generally will qualify for one-year H1Bs beyond the 6 years. In addition, if the I-140 petition has been approved and the person's priority date is not current, then a person can qualify for three-year H-1Bs beyond the 6 years. "

It says

1)Labor filed 365 days ago -1 year Extension Beyond 6 years

2)Labor filed 365 days ago + I 140 been approved and the person's priority date is not current -3 Year Extension Beyond 6 Years

My Question is for this Situation

3)Labor filed 365 days ago + I 140 been approved and the person's priority date is Current - Then What Happens

As Per Belle earlier response Quote "He can get one year extetions until green card is approved (or I-140 withdrawn)"

But again i'm in doubt because I 140 has been approved and PD is current.

Any help if anyone of you have faced similar situation.

Thanks

Archived