Is it safe is to travel on F1, while H1 is approved ?

ankur.patel

Hi,

I am on F1 with vaild OPT and my Visa is vaild till Feb,2015 .Aslo got H1 approved this year which starts from Oct 10, 2014.

I am travelling to India from Aug 8 - Sep 7, 2014. If i am correct i don't have to go for Visa stamping.

I wanted to know is it normal to travel during this period of time when my is starting in a month.

Do i need to take any extra care with document that i carry. Other than I-20, OPT card, Employment letter etc.

Thank for the response in advance !!

Hi,

I am on F1 with vaild OPT and my Visa is vaild till Feb,2015 .Aslo got H1 approved this year which starts from Oct 10, 2014.

I am travelling to India from Aug 8 - Sep 7, 2014. If i am correct i don't have to go for Visa stamping.

I wanted to know is it normal to travel during this period of time when my is starting in a month.

Do i need to take any extra care with document that i carry. Other than I-20, OPT card, Employment letter etc.

Thank for the response in advance !!

Yes, you are fine to travel.

First of all i am not prepared for it. 

Also not sure whether i can go for stamping before my H1B start date. Also if i can go for the stamping, Can i travel to USA more than a month before my H1B start date ? I cannot stay later than Sep 7th.

Thank you for quick reply.

First of all i am not prepared for it. 

Also not sure whether i can go for stamping before my H1B start date. Also if i can go for the stamping, Can i travel to USA more than a month before my H1B start date ? I cannot stay later than Sep 7th.

Thank you for quick reply.

You can go for stamping not more than 90 days before your H1B start date. You can enter US on H1B not more than 10 days before your H1B start date.

So in that case i won't be able to get stamp this time.

I also have another question. 

Currently i am working on OPT Extension. So i have new I-20 provided to me with OPT extension date.

As my H1 is approved and starting in OCT. So while traveling in Aug, Do i need to take new I-20 from my DSO or Can travel on the OPT Stem extension I-20 just need to have travel signature from DSO?. 

Thank you !! 

Archived