H1 Transfer issues b/w 3 companies

Annmary

I am in a confused situation and need help.I had been working with company's A for past 5 years on H1. I got a job offer from company B and they initiated the H1 transfer which was approved in January but I did not join because the project I was selected got cancelled.Meantime I got an opportunity with company C and joined them after receiving the H1 receipt. The H1 transfer hasn't been approved as they filed in regular processing. Now the company B where I have an approved H1 has got the project back and asking me to join.I never informed them about joining company C since I did not expect this situation. I would like to take up company B s offer because that is better. Can I join the company C without any effect on my status or w2? Please can u give guidance?

I am in a confused situation and need help.I had been working with company's A for past 5 years on H1. I got a job offer from company B and they initiated the H1 transfer which was approved in January but I did not join because the project I was selected got cancelled.Meantime I got an opportunity with company C and joined them after receiving the H1 receipt. The H1 transfer hasn't been approved as they filed in regular processing. Now the company B where I have an approved H1 has got the project back and asking me to join.I never informed them about joining company C since I did not expect this situation. I would like to take up company B s offer because that is better. Can I join the company C without any effect on my status or w2? Please can u give guidance?

If you do not have contractual obligations with company C like paying damages for quitting employer then you should be fine to join company B. I would suggest you to ask a labor attorney to go through company C's contract.

Archived