J1 conrad waiver , USCIS delay

fjabbar

Hi everyone,

I am a physician, my J1 visa expired so I returned to my home country after signing a J1 waiver job (Conrad 30 waiver in Kentucky).

Department of state has already sent a favorable recommendation to USCIS but I have not heard anything for almost 7 weeks now.

When I checked on website with receipt number, it says "Initial review pending". Yesterday I called USCIS and they told me that they are currently working on I-612 from 15th Sept, 2013 while mine is received on Feb 3rd 2014 ?

I thought that was crazy. Does that mean my application is 4.5 months behind ? anyone else in the same boat ?

This is my timeline

Oct 30th, 2013 --- J1 waiver application filed.
Dec 22nd, 2013 --- Kentucky state approved (40 applicants for 30 slots) and sent it to department of state in Washington DC
Jan 27th, 2014 --- DOS approved it and sent a favorable recommendation to USCIS
Feb 3rd, 2014 --- USCIS in VERMONT received the case & issued receipt I 797 suggesting started processing.
Feb 26th 2014 --- H1b premium processing was filed while USCIS approval pending
March 13th 2014 --- H1b processing is complete and I 129 issued (no USCIS approval yet)

Since USCIS final waiver approval is still pending so cant take visa interview date in my country, further delaying the process.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Its more then 2 months now, no sign of USCIS I-612 coming ? anyone else in the same boat ?

Wow, this is a really long time. I'm not sure if the person you spoke with had a way to know the cases they were working on and might be confused with hardship or persecution I-612. You could try calling them again, but I'm afraid there isn't much one can do except for wait. 

Hi eurodoc,

I have some news for you.

J1 waiver conrad 30 physicians does not need I-162. You just need to do I-129.If I-129 is already done you can go for VISA stamping in India. For more details go to USCIS website and search for conrad 30 waiver program and then read FAQ there. I hope this helps you and you will complete the process soon.

Regards 

Alright

Archived