Bench Time and PTO

daliangaurav

Hello,

I have a question related to bench time. I am a full time employee of a big corporation with about 7000 employees. Recently, I came back from PTO of 3 weeks. Currently, I am on bench and this is my 2nd week of bench. In the meantime, per company policy I am available to help in any project if they want and I am also preparing for certification. Can they legally ask me to take PTO till the time I am on bench? I have just came back from PTO and if I had to take some time off I wouldn't have resumed office.Is this correct on the Company's part to ask me to take PTO?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have a question related to bench time. I am a full time employee of a big corporation with about 7000 employees. Recently, I came back from PTO of 3 weeks. Currently, I am on bench and this is my 2nd week of bench. In the meantime, per company policy I am available to help in any project if they want and I am also preparing for certification. Can they legally ask me to take PTO till the time I am on bench? I have just came back from PTO and if I had to take some time off I wouldn't have resumed office.Is this correct on the Company's part to ask me to take PTO?

Thanks.

As long as you are paid you are on status in US.

You need to get paid on bench. And the company can not force you (nor "ask" you) to take time off.

On H1, you need to get paid ALL THE TIME. That's the law, and the employer knows it. A big company for sure can not claim that they were unaware of the rules.

If they don't want to pay you, file a complaint with DOL on form WH4. The DOL will make the employer pay you.

Archived