Do I qualify for H1B Extension or I need to file New petition-2014

Ishan2044

Hi Friends,

I would like to seek one quick clarification in content of H1B extension. I got in my H1B approval in  April/2009 through an Indian consulting firm, then I moved back to India in April 8, 2012 (I believe consulting firm revoked my H1B without noticing me). Please tell me whats the options available for me to move back to USA again. I have 4 year B.Engg. from India and 2 years MBA, 2 years MS from USA.

Thanks,

Ishan

Hi Friends,

I would like to seek one quick clarification in content of H1B extension. I got in my H1B approval in  April/2009 through an Indian consulting firm, then I moved back to India in April 8, 2012 (I believe consulting firm revoked my H1B without noticing me). Please tell me whats the options available for me to move back to USA again. I have 4 year B.Engg. from India and 2 years MBA, 2 years MS from USA.

Thanks,

Ishan

You are cap exempt and an employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime.

H1 revocation is completely irrelevant. Don't be scared by the word "revocation." An employer by law has to inform USCIS if the person no longer works there.

H1 revocation also does not affect your ability to get a new H1.

Again, forget this H1 revocation stuff. It is irrelevant.

If you have been counted for the quota, and haven't used the full 6 years, you are not counted again. An employer can file an H1 for you at any time.

That's all there is to it.

Archived