change of status from b2 to f1

lal7

Hey there!

I came to USA on B2 visa and now I would like to apply for change of status to F1. Previously I have been rejected for F1 visa in India(before getting my visiting visa). Already I have applied for admission in the universities and I may be getting I20 in a week or two. Soon after getting my I20 I am thinking to apply for change of status. Do you think I have chances to get the approval or any suggestions from your part. Thanks in advance.

Hey there!

I came to USA on B2 visa and now I would like to apply for change of status to F1. Previously I have been rejected for F1 visa in India(before getting my visiting visa). Already I have applied for admission in the universities and I may be getting I20 in a week or two. Soon after getting my I20 I am thinking to apply for change of status. Do you think I have chances to get the approval or any suggestions from your part. Thanks in advance.

Generally, it takes 3-4 months to get admission into any school.

Once you get your I20 I would say get your F1 ASAP.

Generally, it takes 3-4 months to get admission into any school.

Once you get your I20 I would say get your F1 ASAP.

Thanks for your reply. You mean the F1 interview or status change. I need an advice regarding change of status and the chances of getting it approved.

Archived