Getting my wife on a visiting Visa

nefan

I recently got my H1 approved and I am travelling to US this month. My wife has a B/1B2 visa which she got 2 years back when her brother was graduating in the US. I don't have any US paystubs for my wife to apply for H4. So, I am planning to take her with me on her visiting visa and then she will return in 3 - 6 months time and then apply for H4 with my paystubs.

Will there be any issue at the POE if we travel together? She was working till recently but resigned after I got my visa.

Can we travel together at all? Her brother has been staying in Austin where he graduated and is currently working. Can her POE be Chicago? What kind of questions can we expect at the POE?

Thanks in advacne.

I recently got my H1 approved and I am travelling to US this month. My wife has a B/1B2 visa which she got 2 years back when her brother was graduating in the US. I don't have any US paystubs for my wife to apply for H4. So, I am planning to take her with me on her visiting visa and then she will return in 3 - 6 months time and then apply for H4 with my paystubs.

Will there be any issue at the POE if we travel together? She was working till recently but resigned after I got my visa.

Can we travel together at all? Her brother has been staying in Austin where he graduated and is currently working. Can her POE be Chicago? What kind of questions can we expect at the POE?

Thanks in advacne.

Your wife needs a copy of your I797 and marriage certificate to apply for H4 visa. Pay stubs are not necessary. Better for her to travel with you on H4 visa. Her POE can be anywhere in US.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived