Citizenship interview - question about passport

joshia1978

Hello, I have a handwritten passport from India since 1999. i am going to be eligible to apply for citizenship in June 2014. My question is, with the new initiative to phase out handwritten passports , will it cause any issue during the citizenship process and interview? I have read that they do check your passport and other documents during the interview. Does the passport have to be machine readable (non hand written) during the interview? Should I go through the trouble to get a new machine readable passport from Indian consulate (through BLS)?

Hello, I have a handwritten passport from India since 1999. i am going to be eligible to apply for citizenship in June 2014. My question is, with the new initiative to phase out handwritten passports , will it cause any issue during the citizenship process and interview? I have read that they do check your passport and other documents during the interview. Does the passport have to be machine readable (non hand written) during the interview? Should I go through the trouble to get a new machine readable passport from Indian consulate (through BLS)?

Wait, was that a 20 year passport? If yes, do check with the corresponding USCIS office. I know many people had issues with 20 year passports at various countries (at arrival, visa etc). However I am not aware of any particular issues with USCIS.

Archived