what will happen to B1/B2 visa?

Arun Reddy

Hi Experts,

I am an IT professional having b1/b2 visa with validity till 2020 and have never used it till now. I got this visa when I applied it for tourism purpose 4 years back. Recently I have got a new job in USA and my employer has started processing my H1b visa for his in-house project, As every one knows visa rejection rate is high in India so I would I like to know what will happen to my B1/B2 visa if in case my H1b visa gets rejected in the embassy.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Arun Reddy

Hi Experts,

I am an IT professional having b1/b2 visa with validity till 2020 and have never used it till now. I got this visa when I applied it for tourism purpose 4 years back. Recently I have got a new job in USA and my employer has started processing my H1b visa for his in-house project, As every one knows visa rejection rate is high in India so I would I like to know what will happen to my B1/B2 visa if in case my H1b visa gets rejected in the embassy.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Arun Reddy

Your B1 part of B1/B2 visa might get cancelled and you might get a fresh B2 visa stamped with 2020 expiry date.

First off, where do you get the idea from that "visa rejection is high"?

Visas are rejected if there are problems with the job, e.g., employer-employee relationship. If the job is legitimate, visa rejection is not high.

Don't listen to rumors from people who try to get an H1 for some shady consulting company.

Second, an existing visa should not be touched, but sometimes they do cancel an existing visa with the mark "canceled without prejudice", which means nothing is wrong with it, it just likely won't be used if there is another visa.

Archived