dependent h4 status

h1hopes

I started working with company A in the US and send I-797 to my wife to obtain H4. But before she came to the US (she got delayed as she got 221-g admin process) I shifted to company B.

Company A visa expires June 2014, so my wife's I-94 expires June 2014

Since I changed company, I got updated I-94 with expires on Feb 2015.

I can not file extension before Sept 2014. So what can we do so that my wife won't be out of status from June to Sept? will prefer something better than new stamping.

I started working with company A in the US and send I-797 to my wife to obtain H4. But before she came to the US (she got delayed as she got 221-g admin process) I shifted to company B.

Company A visa expires June 2014, so my wife's I-94 expires June 2014

Since I changed company, I got updated I-94 with expires on Feb 2015.

I can not file extension before Sept 2014. So what can we do so that my wife won't be out of status from June to Sept? will prefer something better than new stamping.

File I-539 for your wife before her I94 expiry with your new I797 approval notice that expires in Feb 2015.

Thank you Jairichi, pontevecchivo. I asked employer to file I-539 to extend my wife's H4 status.

pontevecchivo, I was not sure that my wife will be in status after June 2014 as there was no document to reflect it. (since I got my I-94 updated with new I-797 when she was still in the home country, India. Her visa stamp was granted on previous company's I-797)

Archived