B1/B2 for my Brother in UK

Rajamani

Hi All,

Am on H1b in Chicagoland for over 5 years now and my brother is a student and lives in London UK. He will be graduating in June and is going to continue with his PHD there in UK. I want him to visit me for 2 weeks as soon as he gives his exams for his Post Graduation studies and starting his research. 

I am willing to sponsor his trip, and willing to provide all the required documents for the Visa.

My Brother is on an Indian Passport with a student visa in UK.   

My questions:

1.    Can my brother apply for the US Visa in UK embassy or should he go to India.

2.    My brother has lost his Passport on in Europe and it was replaced by the Indian embassy, will that be an issue for US embassy in UK to approve his visa.

3.    What is the probability for him to have his visa approved?

Thanks for your support and I really appreciate your help.

Raja

Hi All,

Am on H1b in Chicagoland for over 5 years now and my brother is a student and lives in London UK. He will be graduating in June and is going to continue with his PHD there in UK. I want him to visit me for 2 weeks as soon as he gives his exams for his Post Graduation studies and starting his research. 

I am willing to sponsor his trip, and willing to provide all the required documents for the Visa.

My questions:

1.    Can my brother apply for the US Visa in UK embassy or should he go to India.

2.    My brother has lost his Passport on in Europe and it was replaced by the Indian embassy, will that be an issue for US embassy in UK to approve his visa.

Raja

There is no sponsorship involved for visitor visa.

1. He can apply in UK.

2. No.

3. No one can predict that.

Hi All,

My questions:

Raja

He can probably apply in the UK. When I lived in Europe I successfully applied for B2 at the US embassy there. That said, what is his visa status in UK? Usually the key is to prove that he will be returning back to UK after the visit. For this it is essential that he has a UK Visa valid well beyond the date of return from US. Also, he would need a letter from the Department / PhD supervisor stating that he has been offered a PhD position and he will be continue to be supported as a PhD student after his Masters. (I am assuming that he has a scholarship. If not, other docs might be necessary). 

In addition check with the local US embassy for the particular set of documents they require. (It varies by the local Embassy). The reissued passport should not be a problem.

Best,

GcLLC

Thank you all for your wonderful support.

to clarify some questions here.

1. when I said sponsorship and documentation I actually ment "Form - I-134 - Affidivate of Support"

2. He is on Student Visa.

As long as the student visa is valid well beyond the date of departure from US, it should not be an issue. 

Archived