Job location change in the same company and effect on GC application

bosneo

Hi,

I have a question regarding green card process and effect of location transfer on it.I am on a full time job with a big company.

My green card application status is I140 approved in EB2  category. 

I could be transferred to a different office in another city with the same job role and description in the same company.

In that case, what would happen to my green card application. Does the labour and I140 need to be refiled again at the new location?

could you pls let me know.

Regards,

Ravi

Hi,
   I have a question regarding green card process and effect of location transfer on it.I am on a full time job with a big company.
   My green card application status is I140 approved in EB2  category. 
   I could be transferred to a different office in another city with the same job role and description in the same company.

In that case, what would happen to my green card application. Does the labour and I140 need to be refiled again at the new location?
   could you pls let me know.

Regards,
   Ravi

GC is for FUTURE employment. It doesn't matter what job you do now.

Thanks. I have asked my company attorney. They mentioned as follows.

Your I-140 Immigrant Petition is based on the PERM application which was certified based on the test of the U.S. labor market for a particular location.  If there is no longer a permanent job offer which you will fill upon becoming a permanent resident in that location then the company must test the new location labor market through PERM, obtain a new PERM certification and a new I-140 Immigrant Petition approval based on the new PERM certification.

In a gist, they are saying they need to refile labor and I 140 application again at the new location. However, I can retain my old priority date.

Thanks

Priority dates generally transfer between I-140 petitions as long as the originating I-140 has not been revoked by the employer or by USCIS. The request for the older priority date can generally be made in the filing of the new I-140 petition. If the subsequent I-140 is approved without the earlier date, then one generally needs to follow up with USCIS promptly in order for them to re-issue the approval notice with the older date.

Archived