H1b Employer agreement

samdsilva

Hi,

I have been transferred to the USA (MD) office of my employer recently from their India office. Prior to coming to US, they made me sign an agreement in India which states that I'll have to pay them $15000 if I leave the company before 2 years. 

Please advise if an agreement signed in India is valid in US ( and in India as well?). If I want to resign and join another company before 2 years, will I have to pay them. Can they legally force me to pay the said amount?

Hi,

I have been transferred to the USA (MD) office of my employer recently from their India office. Prior to coming to US, they made me sign an agreement in India which states that I'll have to pay them $15000 if I leave the company before 2 years. 

Please advise if an agreement signed in India is valid in US ( and in India as well?). If I want to resign and join another company before 2 years, will I have to pay them. Can they legally force me to pay the said amount?

It is valid in India but not in US.

Hi,

Contact an attorney with that document.

Attorney fee is less than $15000.

Archived