H1 Transfer and H4 outside US

raghumain

Guys,

I really need some advice/help on my current situation.

I am on H1 and currently with Employer A. Currently my H1 transfer with Employer B is in progress which is filed as premium. Expecting the decision in a week or so. 

My dependent is currently outside US and as per my new employer, they cannot file H4 if they are out of country. They will be filing once she is back to US. But my dependent is planning to travel back in next 3 weeks or so. Our visa is valid till Nov 2014. My questions are:

1) Will she have any issues entering US?

2) When will I get new approval notice in hand from new employer if filed premium?

3) Should she travel when I am still with my old employer or she can travel soon after I join new employer? Please note I will not have approval notice in hand at this stage.

4) Will they ask for new approval notice at the airport ?

I really appreciate for the time taken to clear my doubts.

Regards,

Raghu

Guys,
I really need some advice/help on my current situation.

I am on H1 and currently with Employer A. Currently my H1 transfer with Employer B is in progress which is filed as premium. Expecting the decision in a week or so. 
My dependent is currently outside US and as per my new employer, they cannot file H4 if they are out of country. They will be filing once she is back to US. But my dependent is planning to travel back in next 3 weeks or so. Our visa is valid till Nov 2014. My questions are:

1) Will she have any issues entering US?
2) When will I get new approval notice in hand from new employer if filed premium?
3) Should she travel when I am still with my old employer or she can travel soon after I join new employer? Please note I will not have approval notice in hand at this stage.
4) Will they ask for new approval notice at the airport ?

I really appreciate for the time taken to clear my doubts.

Regards,
Raghu

1. She needs a valid H4 visa and a copy of your current employer's I797 (if at that time you are still working for current employer) or new employer's I797 (if you have moved to new employer).

2. Within 15 calendar days to get approval and a week later to get I797 by postal mail.

3. She can travel anytime but she needs a copy of appropriate I797 based on which employer you are working for at that time.

4. Refer 1 and 3.

Archived