my f1 nd h1

orbit123

Hello , 

My name is Praneeth and i came to india holding an H1 approval but without a stamping i . My employer is not supporting me with necessary documents to go for the H1 stamping. I am planning to use my F1 which is valid till Dec-2015 but i am not really sure if i can use that to enter back the country. All i want to know if any university agrees to issue an I-20 ,will that be enough to get back to the country with the previous F1 stamping ?? As i have already completed my MS do i have to activate my SEVIS . I am in real confusion but my clarity is on to getting back to US asap . I request you to please advise me accordingly. I really appreciate your response. 

Thanks, 
Regards, 
Praneeth  Venkata 

Hello , 

My name is Praneeth and i came to india holding an H1 approval but without a stamping i . My employer is not supporting me with necessary documents to go for the H1 stamping. I am planning to use my F1 which is valid till Dec-2015 but i am not really sure if i can use that to enter back the country. All i want to know if any university agrees to issue an I-20 ,will that be enough to get back to the country with the previous F1 stamping ?? As i have already completed my MS do i have to activate my SEVIS . I am in real confusion but my clarity is on to getting back to US asap . I request you to please advise me accordingly. I really appreciate your response. 

Thanks, 
Regards, 
Praneeth  Venkata 

I can understand that your intention is to enter the country to work. If so do not use the F1 route. Find an employer willing to file a cap exempt H1B petition. Once it is approved apply for a H1B visa. Later with a valid H1B visa and new employer's I797 enter US.

Thanks for the respone , finding an employer from India to file H1B is real tough these days but even other wise i just want to know if i can utilise my F1 if any university issues me an i-20 and also wanted to know the risk factors using an f1, i mean can i get the i-20 and board the flight ?? and answer questions at the port of entry .please advise 

Thanks

Praneeth

The F-1 visa you had effectively expired when you completed your MS degree and the associated I-20 and SEVIS was complete, and you (properly) returned to your home country.  You cannot simply get a new I-20 from any other university / college and return to the U.S. on that F-1 visa (for what it sounds like is looking for a job).  You would likely be turned away at the port of entry (regardless of whatever answers you gave to the questions from the customs and border patrol immigration officials).

Thanks for the respone , finding an employer from India to file H1B is real tough these days but even other wise i just want to know if i can utilise my F1 if any university issues me an i-20 and also wanted to know the risk factors using an f1, i mean can i get the i-20 and board the flight ?? and answer questions at the port of entry .please advise 

Thanks

Praneeth

An F1 is for studying, not for finding a job.

No real university will just give you an I-20. You'd have to apply, and it takes several months for an acceptance decision. And universities have deadlines.

Further, I assume that it is more than 5 months since you finished your degree, given that you apparently got an H1 last year.

That means that the F1 visa has become invalid. "Just boarding the flight" doesn't work...

Archived