Urgent - Visa transfer just approved, flight in 2 days, no I797

mp3

Hello. I just got approval of my visa transfer, checked through USCIS site. I have flight in 2 days to join my current company in US. I am now eligible to join new company, but I am not sure how I can travel without I797 document which I can get after a week or more when hard copy is sent to my new company and then to me?

So my question is, can I travel to US for new company with old I797 and visa stamped? How I can convice POE officer why I don't have I797 from new company but still want to go there?

FYI, I never traveled to US and I got visa transfer from India.
Please reply fast, flight in less than 2 days.

Hello. I just got approval of my visa transfer, checked through USCIS site. I have flight in 2 days to join my current company in US. I am now eligible to join new company, but I am not sure how I can travel without I797 document which I can get after a week or more when hard copy is sent to my new company and then to me?

So my question is, can I travel to US for new company with old I797 and visa stamped? How I can convice POE officer why I don't have I797 from new company but still want to go there?

FYI, I never traveled to US and I got visa transfer from India.

Please reply fast, flight in less than 2 days.

You would need new employer's I797 to travel to US. Do not try to enter without that.

Thanks. I will wait for the new I797 and then only travel now. Do I need anything apart from I797 from new company? I will take passport having old company stamped visa and new I797. Or do I need more documents?

Passport with valid visa and I797 are mandatory. Nothing wrong in carrying additional documents like employment or offer letter, work contract, I-129 with LCA, etc.

Archived