H4 to F1 visa conversion and stamping in India

VijayaNV

Hi, I came to USA on h4 visa and started studying , but I recently converted to F1 visa. I am graduating in the month of May but I want to get my visa stamped meantime so that I can travel with my valid work documents during my OPT period or else I can't travel to India until I get my H1. So can I get stamping on f1 in March while am graduating in May .please reply me , thanks,

Vijaya.

Hi, I came to USA on h4 visa and started studying , but I recently converted to F1 visa. I am graduating in the month of May but I want to get my visa stamped meantime so that I can travel with my valid work documents during my OPT period or else I can't travel to India until I get my H1. So can I get stamping on f1 in March while am graduating in May .please reply me , thanks,

Vijaya.

Yes, absolutely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am on H1B which is expiring on Sep 2015. My wife had H4-F1 COS approved and also did job on CPT for 8 months. She is remaining with two semesters and we are going to India to meet our parents. I would like to know the if there might be any issue in F1 stamping. Also If VO ask why you you want F1 now since you already might have gained practical experience on your CPT.

Let me know what should be the best answer in this case provided in fact she is interested in OPT.

Thanks,

Anurag 

Hi,

I am on H1B which is expiring on Sep 2015. My wife had H4-F1 COS approved and also did job on CPT for 8 months. She is remaining with two semesters and we are going to India to meet our parents. I would like to know the if there might be any issue in F1 stamping. Also If VO ask why you you want F1 now since you already might have gained practical experience on your CPT.

Let me know what should be the best answer in this case provided in fact she is interested in OPT.

Thanks,

Anurag 

Are you sure your spouse CPT is legal? First check that up. If everything is fine then as she has 2 semesters left she could ask for F1 visa.

Hi jairichi,

Yes it was legal she is roght now in eputed univ. , did two semesters on H4  and then when she got COS approved she went for 8 months CPT. But my concern is if VO says that she can complete remaining two semesters on H4 too then why she need F1? Provide that fact that she has already availed the benefit of F1.

I am not sure what should be the best answer. Her truthful answer will be to avail the benefit of OPT but this might alarm VO (she is already done with CPT and now wants to go on OPT)

-Anurag

Hi jairichi,

Yes it was legal she is roght now in eputed univ. , did two semesters on H4  and then when she got COS approved she went for 8 months CPT. But my concern is if VO says that she can complete remaining two semesters on H4 too then why she need F1? Provide that fact that she has already availed the benefit of F1.

I am not sure what should be the best answer. Her truthful answer will be to avail the benefit of OPT but this might alarm VO (she is already done with CPT and now wants to go on OPT)

-Anurag

Well, VO has a point of asking her to complete studies on H4. If OPT is her intention she should be able to justify in a proper way.

Vijaya.

Try to go to Canada for stamping if not go to India once you graduate. If your visa gets rejected prior to your graduation, then it will be a major loss for you. by the way you can travel to India during your OPT. but going to India when you have only 2 months left to graduate is kind of risky. 

Hi,

Thanks,

Anurag 

Hi, if your wife answers with confident, then even VO will be convinced to give F1. she should  answer by saying, I have studied hard and now I want to gain practical knowledge by working using my OPT. all it needs is confident answer, but it's always risky my friend, better your wife avoids travelling until she graduates, (at least she will graduate) since you say the University is reputed then no need to worry about it. 

Hi, if your wife answers with confident, then even VO will be convinced to give F1. she should  answer by saying, I have studied hard and now I want to gain practical knowledge by working using my OPT. all it needs is confident answer, but it's always risky my friend, better your wife avoids travelling until she graduates, (at least she will graduate) since you say the University is reputed then no need to worry about it. 

I would avoid tutoring people.

Archived