Final NOC from Indian embassy didn't reach DOS

vasankg

It depends on where the money comes from and who the sponsor of the DS-2019 is. If the sponsor is a US agency or a US-based non-profit (like one that manages Fulbright grants) then they will most likely ask for sponsor views. If your DS-2019 is sponsored by a university and you're getting money from your advisor's NSF grant, then they shouldn't ask for sponsor views. The only funding that matters is one that is specifically earmarked for exchange visitors, or if your home country provided the funds but they were handled by a US-based organization. 

Thnx a ton for the kind reply!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear vasankg et al.

Happy to share with you that my status has been updated to 'favorable recommendation' issued on April 4 (just noticed it today on the online tracking system!). However, still waiting for the letter from DOS.

Hope yours will get through soon as well.

Regards

Arun

Dear vasankg et al.

Happy to share with you that my status has been updated to 'favorable recommendation' issued on April 4 (just noticed it today on the online tracking system!). However, still waiting for the letter from DOS.

Hope yours will get through soon as well.

Regards

Arun

Congratulations on your waiver. The DoS has received the sponsor review on my wiaver on April 9th. I hope to hear the decision by the end of this month. Please keep us posted.

-Vasan

• 3 weeks later...

Arun,

Did you get your final approval from the USCIS? Please provide your time line from NOC to the final USCIS approval.

My case is still pending. The DoS has updated the status on April 9th to 'Sponsor views recieved' and on Feb 27th to Final NOC . It is more than 9 weeks since the DoS received no objection statement and wondering if I should contact them.

Any suggestions experts? Jairichi? I appreciate your help.

-Vasan

My status has been changed from "Pending" to "Favorable recommendation" today. How lond does it take to get letter from the DoS and the USCIS? 

Thanks everyone for helping out.

Vasan

Congrats for the favorable recommendation!

It will take around 2 weeks to get letter from both DOS and USCIS

So did you receive the letter from the DOS? What's your timeline?

Here is mine:

Favorable Recommendation Sent: May 08, 2014

Sponsor Views Received: April 09, 2014

Request for Sponsor Views Sent: March 26, 2014

No Objection Statement Received: February 27, 2014 (sent January 6th, but the DOS didn’t receive; The embassy sent again)

Form DS-3035 Received: November 21, 2013

Submitted forms: October 31, 2013

So did you receive the letter from the DOS? What's your timeline?

Here is mine:

Favorable Recommendation Sent: May 08, 2014

Sponsor Views Received: April 09, 2014

Request for Sponsor Views Sent: March 26, 2014

No Objection Statement Received: February 27, 2014 (sent January 6th, but the DOS didn’t receive; The embassy sent again)

Form DS-3035 Received: November 21, 2013

Submitted forms: October 31, 2013

My timeline:

USCIS I-797c receipt received: May 5, 2014

DOS 'Favorable Recommendation' received: May 2, 2014

Favorable Recommendation Sent: April 22, 2014

Sponsor Views Received: NA

Request for Sponsor Views Sent: (did not get this)

No Objection Statement Received: March 26, 2014 (sent Feb 27th, but the DOS didn’t receive; The embassy sent again)

Form DS-3035 Received: March 13, 2014

Submitted forms: Feb 25, 2014

So are you applying for H1 now? We can be in touch. My contact is username in combination with gmail.

Archived