Final NOC from Indian embassy didn't reach DOS

vasankg

Dear Dhya,

When did you send an email to the DOS? They try to reply within 5 business days. However, in my case they took two weeks. I think they are overwhelmed with applications. They will definitely reply to your email sooner or later. Since you have already contacted the DOS, I would suggest you to wait for their reply. Hopefully, your status will be updated or you will hear something this week. Hope this helps!

I agree with vasankg. It seems it typically takes about 4 wks for DOS to update the receipt even if it reached them. They usually respond to queries, if they didn't receive them within this time frame. Hope this helps, but please keep posted.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Dhya,

When did you send an email to the DOS? They try to reply within 5 business days. However, in my case they took two weeks. I think they are overwhelmed with applications. They will definitely reply to your email sooner or later. Since you have already contacted the DOS, I would suggest you to wait for their reply. Hopefully, your status will be updated or you will hear something this week. Hope this helps!

Hi Dhya,

Did you get any update from DOS on your NOL receipt?

Dear all,

I have a quick query:

The US DoS has received my NOC but it needed an additional document to be sent at Waiver Review Division, US Department of State, 600, 19th Street NW, Washington DC. I fedexed my document to this address but it has got delivered to  44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling VA. I contacted fedex as I was afraid that my documents were delivered to wrong address. They say that the packages for DoS are delivered at Sterling, VA. However, I am not able to find any info regarding this. Can anyone please advise? Thanks so much in advance!

Dear all,

I have a quick query:

The US DoS has received my NOC but it needed an additional document to be sent at Waiver Review Division, US Department of State, 600, 19th Street NW, Washington DC. I fedexed my document to this address but it has got delivered to  44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling VA. I contacted fedex as I was afraid that my documents were delivered to wrong address. They say that the packages for DoS are delivered at Sterling, VA. However, I am not able to find any info regarding this. Can anyone please advise? Thanks so much in advance!

Hi again,

I sent my additional document to the following address (as I received the letter from this address):

The Waiver Review Division

U.S. Department of State

Visa Office-SA-17, 11th Floor

600 19th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20522-1711

Whereas the US Department of State website advises to send additional document at:

CA/VO/LW, VISA Services, U.S. Department of State,

2401 E Street, N.W. (SA-1),

Washington, D.C. 20522-0106

I wanted to know which one is the right one. When I sent my document to the first address, it got delivered to 44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling VA. Your help will be greatly appreicated.

Hi again,

I sent my additional document to the following address (as I received the letter from this address):

The Waiver Review Division

U.S. Department of State

Visa Office-SA-17, 11th Floor

600 19th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20522-1711

Whereas the US Department of State website advises to send additional document at:

CA/VO/LW, VISA Services, U.S. Department of State,

2401 E Street, N.W. (SA-1),

Washington, D.C. 20522-0106

I wanted to know which one is the right one. When I sent my document to the first address, it got delivered to 44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling VA. Your help will be greatly appreicated.

Pal1,

Did you contact the DOS at '212ewaiver@state.gov'? if not, send an email to them about your issue. Hopefully, they will respond soon. 

Pal1,

Did you contact the DOS at '212ewaiver@state.gov'? if not, send an email to them about your issue. Hopefully, they will respond soon. 

Vasankg,

Thanks. I sent them an email and waiting for their response. However, the FedEx distributor told me that the packages for the US DoS are first inspected/scanned at 44132 Mercure Cirle, Sterling VA and then forwarded to the designated offices. I believe that's the case. Hope it's all well.

Thanks again.

hello all,

Reading all of your situation I am so worried about mine. The embassy has forwarded my NOC to DOS on Jan 16th 2014 its more than 2 months and still when I check my status it says

"Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please call Public Inquiries at 202-663-1225. "

If I email them I repeatedly get reply saying

"Your package must first go through processing at the wavier department in St. Louis, before being sent to Washington, DC. For the completion of the process. Once in Washington, DC, the information will be enter onto the system so you can check the status. "

hello all,

Reading all of your situation I am so worried about mine. The embassy has forwarded my NOC to DOS on Jan 16th 2014 its more than 2 months and still when I check my status it says

"Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please call Public Inquiries at 202-663-1225. "

If I email them I repeatedly get reply saying

"Your package must first go through processing at the wavier department in St. Louis, before being sent to Washington, DC. For the completion of the process. Once in Washington, DC, the information will be enter onto the system so you can check the status. "

Hey, when did you send fees, Ds3035 etc documents to St. Louis?

Hello J1waiver205,

I did not send my DS3035 documents or fees to St.Louis. Can you please guide me? The embassy sent my NOC to DOS so I thought I need not send anything also my friend (who did the process during 2012) said he did not pay the fees. Now I feel he might have forgot.

What all should I send I where to pay the fees the link please?

Thanks a lot .

Hello J1waiver205,

I did not send my DS3035 documents or fees to St.Louis. Can you please guide me? The embassy sent my NOC to DOS so I thought I need not send anything also my friend (who did the process during 2012) said he did not pay the fees. Now I feel he might have forgot.

Thanks a lot .

Hey, I think you have not sent the package.

how can I contact you? mine is same username in combination with gmail

Please let your friend know he/she has also not submitted the package if they have not submitted documents to DOS at the St. Louis office.

Hello J1waiver205,

Thanks a lot .

The process can be found in the DoS website. 

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/study-exchange/student/residency-waiver/ds-3035-instructions.html

Just follow the instructions and pay the fee. Your friend (or whoever sent the DS-3025 for her) must have paid the fee, since this has been the procedure for years. 

Hello J1waiver205,

Thanks a lot .

It's unfortunate that you didn't send documents to the DoS. Since you got the case number, pay close attention to the checklist page and instructions page 1, J-1 VISA WAIVER RECOMMENDATION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS. I hope you saved all those documents.

Here is the information from those pages:

1. Waiver Review Division Barcode Page *: Accompanies the DS-3035

2. Form DS-3035, pages 1,2 and 3 *: Follow the detailed mailing instructions on page 1. The applicant must sign on line 21. If the form is being prepared by an attorney, the attorney needs to sign on line 9.

3. Application fee of $215 PER J-1 APPLICANT. Please send a cashier's check or money order in U.S. currency drawn on a U.S. bank, made payable to THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE. Include your name, date and place of birth on whatever form of payment you submit. DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FEE PER PERSON:

4. A statement demonstrating why the exchange visitor is eligible to receive a waiver of the two-year home country requirement of the exchange visitor program. The length of the statement may vary;

5. Copies of all DS-2019 "Exchange Visitor Program Certificate Of Eligibility For Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status" (formerly IAP-66) forms;

6. Two self-addressed, stamped envelopes.

7. Copy of the data page of the exchange visitor's current passport containing name and birth date

Send DS3035 with case number, along with the fee and supporting documentation listed below, to:

U.S. Department of State

Waiver Review Division

P.O. Box 952137

St. Louis, MO 63195-2137"

Failing to send any form may further delay your case. 

I suggest you to send them by expedited shipping. It will take at least a month to show up your information.

Thank you all I am sending the packet tomorrow via Fedex so using the courier service address

U.S. Department of State

Waiver Review Division

P. O. Box 952137

1005 Convention Plaza

St. Louis, MO 63101-1200

correct me if I should not use this adderess for Fedex Overnight mails

In case mine approves after a month or so by DOS, Is there any other action I should take to receive the final NOC from USCIS unless requested by the concern authorities?

My understanding is After I receive the final aproval from USCIS  I should request my company to start the H1B procedures. I should follow up online for DOS and after that step I should follow up with USCIS via Phone.

Please correct me if I am wrong so that my process doesn't stuck anywhere between. Already because of my carelessness I have wasted 2 months.

Sorry for all the trouble.

U.S. Department of State
Waiver Review Division
P. O. Box 952137
1005 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101-1200 - See more at: http://www.hooyou.com/j-1/j1_noobjection.html#sthash.8YruCRzg.dpuf
U.S. Department of State
Waiver Review Division
P. O. Box 952137
1005 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101-1200 - See more at: http://www.hooyou.com/j-1/j1_noobjection.html#sthash.8YruCRzg.dpuf
U.S. Department of State
Waiver Review Division
P. O. Box 952137
1005 Convention Plaza
U.S. Department of State
Waiver Review Division
P. O. Box 952137
1005 Convention Plaza

Arun and catvsrat,

My status has been updated. The DoS has requested sponser views on 03/26 because my fellowship is sponsered by a US federal health agency. May be this is not the case for you guys.

I will keep you posted.

Hey vasankg,

Hello.

I have following questions:

1) Is your fellowship directly sponsored by US fedral health agency?

2) Is the name of sponsor mentioned on ur DS2019 as US fedral health agency

3) Or does your advisor get the grant from USG and he pays u from that money?

Thanks.

Hey vasankg,

Hello.

I have following questions:

1) Is your fellowship directly sponsored by US fedral health agency?

2) Is the name of sponsor mentioned on ur DS2019 as US fedral health agency

3) Or does your advisor get the grant from USG and he pays u from that money?

Thanks.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

Arun and catvsrat,

My status has been updated. The DoS has requested sponser views on 03/26 because my fellowship is sponsered by a US federal health agency. May be this is not the case for you guys.

I will keep you posted.

Dear Vasankg,

Thanks for the update. Hope you will get no objection from your sponsor without any trouble. Please keep us updated. I am still waiting for update. I am hoping to hear something in a week or so.

Dear Vasankg,

Thanks for the update. Hope you will get no objection from your sponsor without any trouble. Please keep us updated. I am still waiting for update. I am hoping to hear something in a week or so.

They are sponsoring H1 for me. Hopefully, no issues. I will keep you posted.

Thnks for the reply.

You have any idea what would be it like if 1. and 2. are NO but 3. is YES?

Sponsor views are asked from them too? Thanks.

Thnks for the reply.

You have any idea what would be it like if 1. and 2. are NO but 3. is YES?

Sponsor views are asked from them too? Thanks.

Please see the posts from 'angelcaido' as he mentioned something like your case. As far as I know, they might ask for sponser views in your case (I am not an expert on this topic). They will not only request for views on funding but overall on the program, policy, and foreign relations aspects.  

Please see the posts from 'angelcaido' as he mentioned something like your case. As far as I know, they might ask for sponser views in your case (I am not an expert on this topic). They will not only request for views on funding but overall on the program, policy, and foreign relations aspects.  

It depends on where the money comes from and who the sponsor of the DS-2019 is. If the sponsor is a US agency or a US-based non-profit (like one that manages Fulbright grants) then they will most likely ask for sponsor views. If your DS-2019 is sponsored by a university and you're getting money from your advisor's NSF grant, then they shouldn't ask for sponsor views. The only funding that matters is one that is specifically earmarked for exchange visitors, or if your home country provided the funds but they were handled by a US-based organization. 

Hey Vasankg...thnx for reply.

I checked 'angelcaido' previous post.

He wrote the following "My program was funded by my government, but the money was funneled through an American non-profit that administers scholarships for many governments (including the US)."

This means his home govt. funded his J1. I understand if home govt. is funding our J1, then sponsor view will be asked.

However for my DS2019 funding, my adviser gets some NSF grant from which he pays me (this is not mentioned anywhere on DS2019). I shall be thankful if someone with a similar situation could kindly give some suggestion.

Thanks again Vasankg.

Archived