Port of Entry question for H1B Transfer

chandu4dich

Dear members,

I have never travelled to USA before and i am in India now, planning to travel soon.

From employer A i got H1B approved 6 months back also my visa was stamped with the same employer name on it, after two months i  got a better offer from company B and they did H1B transfer, now its approved too.

Now i am planningn to travel to work for company B, so my question to you is, lawyer from company B says my VIsa stamping from company A is still valid & i dont have to go again for stamping.

in such cases what kind of questions would i have to tackle at Port of Entry?

are there any such cases? and also would be great if someone can post FAQs for POE questions for H1Bs.

Thanks

Ram Chandra.

Dear members,

I have never travelled to USA before and i am in India now, planning to travel soon.

From employer A i got H1B approved 6 months back also my visa was stamped with the same employer name on it, after two months i  got a better offer from company B and they did H1B transfer, now its approved too.

Now i am planningn to travel to work for company B, so my question to you is, lawyer from company B says my VIsa stamping from company A is still valid & i dont have to go again for stamping.

in such cases what kind of questions would i have to tackle at Port of Entry?

are there any such cases? and also would be great if someone can post FAQs for POE questions for H1Bs.

Thanks

Ram Chandra.

There are many cases like this and when asked by immigration officer answer the truth.

The problem is that you'll be asked all questions pertaining to your job for Company A as that is what it shows in your current visa and he will return I-97 card filling all Company A details and in their system.

You've to speak what is in your STAMPED VISA and DO NOT MENTION ABOUT COMP B.

You have to show them the H1 approval from B and get an appropriate I94 and entry. If you do not you will run the risk of deportation and a lifetime ban. The visa notation is usually immaterial in terms of what it mentions. In this case you do have written evidence that the Lawyer from B and is he actually a Lawyer representing B , stating that you can use that Visa.? "DO NOT MENTION ABOUT COMPANY B"  is the worst piece of advise possible. @admin, Maybe you have a response to advise which is blatantly illegal? AS MENTIONED IN REPLY #5.

The problem is that you'll be asked all questions pertaining to your job for Company A as that is what it shows in your current visa and he will return I-97 card filling all Company A details and in their system.

You've to speak what is in your STAMPED VISA and DO NOT MENTION ABOUT COMP B.

How can he carry 797 of B and do not talk about B??

Remember, a lie will lead to life long ban.

Archived